Information Technology Trainer (2021-63)
Position: Information Technology Trainer
FTE: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Bargaining Unit: MPP
Department/Location: Information Systems Department
Wage: $24.08 hourly, which equals to $50,088 annually. Comprehensive benefits package.
Information Technology Trainer
Network180 employees make a difference in people’s lives every day, making our community a better place to live. We are the community organization responsible for the delivery of mental health, substance abuse treatment coordination, and developmental disabilities services for Kent County. We need individuals who are passionate about making a difference by helping others.
We are seeking a Information Technology Trainer to assess departmental and organizational training needs to develop, deliver, and implement ongoing training for computer users as required. For a full description of this job’s responsibilities, please review the job description. This is a full-time position, regularly scheduled Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 5 pm.
Network180 has made the safety of our employees a priority. We provide Personal Protection Equipment to our employees and thorough safety and cleaning protocols are in place. Staff providing services in person are required to wear appropriate PPE. Job interviews are being conducted via the internet.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information, Technology, Education, Organizational Studies, Human Resources Management, Communications, or related field, or any combination of education, training and experience providing the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Proven experience in curriculum design and content delivery.
- Ability to patiently convey technical material to a non-technical audience in a manner that encourages retention.
- Thorough understanding of a good range of computer software including word processing and desktop publishing, databases and spreadsheets, accounting programs, and use of the internet.
- Ability to detect and remove barriers to learning.
- Ability to quickly learn new or internal software/online systems well enough to train others.
- Ability to train skills in collaborative tools, such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent time management.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation for job-related use.
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment with capabilities of bridging language/cultural barriers to Network180 services for the community.
- Master’s degree in Information, Technology, Education, Organizational Studies, Human Resources Management, Communications, or related field.
- Three or more years of prior work experience in training, healthcare, or consulting.
- Certification as a technical trainer.
- Prior experience in healthcare, including work with electronic health record systems.
- Prior experience in process analysis, process improvement, or change management.
- Lived experiences or past work related to mental illness/developmental disabilities/substance use disorders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed on the job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
For a detailed job description and responsibilities please see pdf document attached to this posting. Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Network180 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Network180 participates on E-Verify.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Assistance with the application process may be requested through the Human Resources Department at 616 336-3909 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to attracting a diverse and talented work force to meet the needs of our diverse community. Network180 offers an attractive benefit package including health, dental, vision, retirement plan, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
Network180 will operate as an equal opportunity employer. Network180 will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected class status.