Director (Nursing Excellence and Magnet Program) - Wyandotte, MI
Reports to the Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer of the business unit and is a member of the Nursing leadership team. Develops, implements and leads the journey to Magnet including application, document preparation and submission, designation and re-designation in accordance with the requirements of the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role is responsible for facilitating integration of Magnet standards into the nursing and organizational infrastructure. Provides leadership, planning and coordination of programs to drive business goals, cultivating a professional practice environment, and assumes a key role in the Magnet application process, preparation, designation, maintenance and related databases. Accountable for leading change efforts in collaboration with nurse leaders and staff utilizing the ANCC Magnet framework of excellence to create and implement innovative staff engagement, systems and processes. Identifies cutting edge nursing quality indicators, developmental needs, performance improvement and research initiatives and other activities that sustain and advance a culture of excellence and serves as an ambassador of the Magnet program employing a variety of communication strategies.
Supports professional nursing practice and assists in the analysis of National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI) for patient outcomes, nurse satisfaction and fosters inter-professional relationships within the Department of Nursing.
Represents IPD Nursing on IPD Nursing and hospital committees or task forces as appropriate.
- Masters in Nursing Degree required.
- DNP or PhD in Nursing preferred.
- Five years of clinical nurse specialist/nursing management/education experience required.
- Licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Prior experience with Magnet designation process preferred.
- Prior experience as a Magnet Program Director preferred.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems, analysis and evaluation techniques and statistical methodologies for evaluation of clinical processes.
- Knowledge and experience in project management and clinical quality.
- Current clinical knowledge in addition to excellent oral, written, interpersonal, analytical and organization skills.
- Strong project management skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer