Director Henry Ford Medical Group Ophthalmology - Detroit, MI
Under the leadership of a Vice President/COO and/or Physician Leader, the individual in this position is responsible for and requires the greatest allocation of time focused on strategic leadership related to a specific product line or satellite deemed to be an area of significant complexity. Factors that determine if this level of oversight is required, may be the following, but are not exclusive to: the specialty is considered to be a significant focus of system growth and this is the highest level position within that framework; the satellite manages 24x7 operations (i.e., Emergency Department) with strong liaison relationships with system hospitals; the specialty provides a higher level of service complexity based on comparatively greater regulatory requirements, multiplicity of specialty services (anesthesia required within product line space for example), multiple modalities within the specialty (clinic, invasive procedures, etc.), role has system-wide presence, collaboration and responsibilities with hospital/s leadership.
In addition to strategic planning, this position encompasses oversight of this complex product line/site structure for finances, human resource management, regulatory compliance, patient care experience, marketing and philanthropic development and other administrative roles in the department, business unit or system as assigned. This position requires the complete understanding of and active participation in fulfilling the mission and vision of the organization. It is expected that the employee demonstrates behavior consistent with the core values and supports the HFHS strategic goals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Strategic Planning and Growth
- Leads and drives site, service line and/or system-wide strategic planning, including program innovation and program development, to strive for long term success and growth.
- Develops, implements and evaluates business plans, capital planning, resource planning, and team structure to optimize the financial, programmatic and operational excellence of the services provided.
- Develops processes and programs with the goal of creating operational linkages and synergies between programs, not only within product line or site but across departments and business units, to increase efficiencies, eliminate waste and deliver a better care experience.
- Keeps abreast of market dynamics, specialty and/or primary care product development from national to local trends in order to lead improvement plans from ideation to implementation based on those learning's.
- Works with external hospitals and/or practices, legal, contracting and other related areas to create and maintain partnerships beyond HFHS.
- Leverages marketing, development and other organizational partners to bolster approaches for growth, strategic planning and program building.
- Oversees and manages all aspects of financial lines for scope of business including clinical, research, teaching and endowments.
- With physician leadership, is responsible for support staff, advanced practice provider and senior staff engagement.
- Ensures that plans and processes are in place to improve engagement and professional development for all staff, as indicated by performance metrics.
Patient Care Experience
- Responsible for oversight and process improvements of the patient care experience via optimal utilization of people, processes and technology to exceed patient expectations as reflected by performance metrics.
- Works within specific areas of focus and at a much broader level to improve the patient experience from initial point of contact to completion of service.
- Contributes to projects and initiatives at a Group and/or System level, beyond immediate departmental needs.
- Has membership in or is actively participating in at least one professional association.
- Bachelor's Degree in health or business administration. Master's Degree preferred.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of progressive administrative experience in a healthcare setting.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with medical, administrative, support staff, patients and the public. Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally. Analytical skills. Skilled in preparation and presentation of reports to various committees and groups. Ability to remain calm and poised in urgent situations.
- Skilled in effective planning, both strategic and short-term, and organizing attributes. Skilled in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, and decision making. Skilled in analysis development of comprehensive reports and interpretation of complex data.
- Ability to set priorities and avoid crises management.
- Knowledgeable in organization policies, procedures, systems, and objectives; Fiscal and human resource management techniques and applications; and Healthcare administration, including managed care administration, regulatory management, government regulations, and computer systems and applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer