Central Processing Tech
Under direct supervision and training and according to established procedures, polices and regulations, performs technical work involved in decontamination, inspection, assembly, sterilization, sterile storage and distribution of surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies. Assures proper monitoring of sterilization equipment. Occasionally works overtime, rotating weekends and holidays and must take call on a rotating basis for weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma (GED) or equivalent.
- Certification in Central Service Technician from an accredited agency is expected. If not certified, must become certified within two (2) years of hire and must maintain certification. At any point that certification becomes invalid, the individual will have (3) three months to recertify to maintain employment.
- Working knowledge of sterile or aseptic technique.
- Working knowledge of decontamination and sterilization principles.
- Ability to utilize computer applications to include Microsoft Office and various web-based programs AND more...