Billing Specialist II (Temporary - Days - Home Infusion) - Southfield, MI
- Under minimal supervision, is responsible for the Henry Ford Health System Insurance accounts receivable.
- Identifies and determines in accordance with established policies and procedures - the accuracy and completeness of patient financial, insurance and demographic patient information to ensure compliant claims to Third party payers.
- Resolves problem accounts from payer denials and follows up on any claims that require a payer response.
- Responsible for the billing and collection of payments for all Henry Ford Health System hospitals, outpatient clinics and employed physicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two years of experience in an office environment or healthcare-related field, required.
- Prior experience in a healthcare revenue cycle position, preferred. Knowledge of Medical terminology, preferred. Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS revenue codes, preferred.
- College course work in accounting, business or Health Care Administration, preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, supervisor, and manager.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required to effectively prioritize workflow to meet third party requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer