Billing Specialist I - Troy, MI
This position is responsible for the Henry Ford Health System Insurance accounts receivable. Identifies and determines in accordance with established policies and procedures the accuracy and completeness of patient financial, insurance and demographic patient information to ensure compliant claims to Third party payers. Resolves problem accounts from payer denials and follows up on any claims that require a payer response. Responsible for the billing and collection of payments for all Henry Ford Health System hospitals, outpatient clinics and employed physicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year experience in an office environment or healthcare-related field.
- Prior experience in a healthcare revenue cycle position, preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical terminology, preferred.
- Knowledge of CPT/HCPCS revenue codes, preferred AND more...