Bakery Supervisor - Lenox, MI
As a family company, we serve people and communities. When you work at Meijer, you're provided with career and community opportunities centered around leadership, personal growth and development. Consider joining our family - take care of your career and your community!
Please review the job profile below and apply today!
Do you have a passion for delivering a quality customer experience? How about enriching the lives of the community? Then join the Meijer Family as a Supervisor leading our Bakery Department at our Lenox, MI Store Location!
As a Supervisor, you will plan, direct and supervise Team Members in the day to day operations within the Bakery Department. Serve as the mentor and coach for all Team Members. Implement strategies to improve customer service, drive department sales while ensuring customer needs are met and service is quick and efficient. Maintain department appearance with a focus on prime shopping hours, product presentation and company standards.
What You'll be Doing:
- Ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Responsible for staffing, selection and hiring to achieve staffing needs.
- Promotes succession planning by providing career paths, identifying development needs for the team members, and being involved with and accountable for promotion decisions.
- Documents and applies disciplinary actions and makes recommendations concerning discharge.
- Responsible for P&L, achieving sales and maintaining shrink for the department.
- Models exceptional, fast and friendly customer service.
- Communicates the Meijer Friendly Initiative in all team meetings and conversations.
- Mentors and coaches the team members to ensure customer service and sales goals are exceeded and the area is maintained to Meijer standards.
- AND MORE...