Sign Fabricator I
This posting closes at 11:59 PM on December, 2nd 2022
Nature of Work
The purpose of this job is to construct road closures and detours for various departments that in turn allows them to work safely in the roadway. Provides, installs, repairs, and replaces road signs throughout the entire city.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by employees in this job. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Installs street signs as needed, including maintenance, replacements and removals
- Performs barricading and road closure procedures; interacts and coordinates with event planners and the general public to set up closures for special events
- Utilizes computerized work order system and GIS to install signs according to Michigan Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MMUTCD) guidelines
- Operates a variety of equipment to produce signs, as needed, including computers, screen printing table, vacuum exposure table, pressure washer, fabric stretcher, camera and heat vacuum applicator
- Repairs and/or replaces damaged barricades, works with aluminum posts and brackets for various signage setups, and reads design plans for various street configurations
- Ensures equipment is in proper working order; performs preventive maintenance as needed
- Performs related work as required
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma (or GED equivalent)
- No experience required
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
- Commercial driver’s license or ability to obtain within 6 months of employment.