Recreation Program Leader ( Parks & Recreation Program Leader)
Under limited supervision, participates in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a recreational program such as special events, archery activities and mobile recreation, including the transportation, set up, maintenance and supervision of inflatables, climbing towers, zip-lines, retro games activities and archery range. Interacts with park visitors of all ages. Provides customer service to the general public. Communicates with staff, volunteers and visitors in a courteous and professional manner. Responds to customer concerns, complaints, and emergencies individually and within large groups of people. Interprets and enforces park and program rules and regulations. Maintains program-related records. Works weekends, evenings and holidays. Utilizes current county-wide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Must have at least three (3) months full-time experience that may include:
(a) Supervising, instructing, coordinating, coaching, caregiving, team leading, and/or organizing programs, activities, teams, or groups of adults and/or children; OR
(b) Involvement in a leadership capacity with organizations such as civic, philanthropic, school clubs, sports teams, or volunteerism.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
3. Pass the employment physical established for this classification.