Public Health Nutritionist III - WIC - Various locations, MI
Under general supervision, this Public Health Nutritionist III will work in Oakland County Health Division’s Woman, Infants and Children (WIC) program. The position is responsible for providing nutritional assessments, counseling and care plans for infants, children under age 5, pregnant and post-partum women. Plays a lead role in agency nutrition education activities including assisting with oversight of nutrition education services, materials, and related programs. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Registered Dietitian Certification from the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Health Nutrition, Foods & Nutrition, Dietetics, or a closely related field of study.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Be certified as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
3. Have had at least three (3) years of full-time professional dietetics work experience in a public health or outpatient dietetic setting.
NOTE: A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Public Health Nutrition, Foods & Nutrition, Dietetics or closely related area may be substituted for one year of experience.
4. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
5. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
6. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.