Public Health Educator III - Part-Time
Under general supervision, this part-time, non-eligible Public Health Educator III is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating health education and promotion programs related to substance use and injury prevention, specifically medical marihuana. The position conducts outreach to multiple community partners and target populations, provides technical assistance to various internal Health Division units and plays a lead role in topic-specific communication activities. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department-specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in community health education, public health education, school health education, health communications, or a closely related field.
2. Have had at least three (3) years of full-time professional work experience in health education/communication.
NOTE: A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in health education, public health, community health, or closely related area may be substituted for one (1) year of experience.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment physical, established for this classification.