The Senior Psychologist is responsible for completing court-ordered psychological evaluations of clients referred from the Circuit Court/Family Division regarding abuse/neglect and delinquency matters. Makes recommendations to judges and referees to ensure that appropriate, individualized placement, treatment planning, and other relevant services are provided. Performs a variety of liaison and consulting services to attorneys, hearing officers, casework staff, and other court personnel to assist with treatment planning and other court-related matters. Provides expert testimony as needed. Utilizes current Countywide and or/department-specific software to complete evaluations.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date and/or Psychologist License
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. a. Possess a full license as a Psychologist from the Michigan Department of Community Health;
b. Possess a Ph.D. and a limited Doctoral license as a Psychologist from the Michigan Department of Community Health.
NOTE: An applicant who possesses a license as a psychologist from a state other than Michigan may be certified for appointment and, if offered the position, must apply for Michigan licensure. Employment, while receipt of license is pending, will be under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. Successful completion of the six-month probationary period is contingent upon receipt of the appropriate licensure from the Michigan Department of Community Health.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six-month probationary period.