Park Deputy - Part-Time
Under limited supervision, is responsible for performing security and law enforcement functions within the Oakland County Parks. Patrols parks to enforce state laws and local ordinances, answers and investigates complaints regarding accidents, property damage, and disturbances. Answers emergency calls in case of illness, injury, fire, or other disruptions in the daily operations of the parks. May provide emergency first aid services until assistance arrives and provides first response fire-fighting service until local firefighting units arrive. Responds to emergency situations, and assists in making arrests.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- MCOLES License or proof of current Police Academy enrollment and attendance
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development (G.E.D.) Test; AND
2. Possess current MCOLES license OR be currently attending a Police Academy training or its equivalent (as required by the Michigan Commission on Law Enforcement Standards MCOLES).
NOTE: Must have successfully completed the police academy and be eligible to be licensed prior to the date of hire.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
4. Have not been convicted of a violation of criminal law including domestic violence.(Criminal law generally includes all offenses except traffic law, conservation law and liquor law. Generally, a conviction for a violation of criminal law is automatically disqualifying).
5. Have at least 20/20 corrected vision in both eyes and have normal color vision and depth perception in both eyes.
6. Have normal corrected hearing in each ear. In the case where the applicant is eligible to be licensed must pass per Michigan Commission On Law Enforcement Standards (MCOLES).
7. Pass the complete examination, including the employment physical established for this classification.