Golf Course Leader (Recreation Program Specialist)
Assist Park Supervisor with daily golf operations. Responsibilities include cash handling, customer service, tee times, merchandise sales, inventory, staff scheduling and part time staff supervision. Also responsible for park rule enforcement and golf event setup/takedown. NOTE: When assigned to Golf Course Grill rooms, must have passed their 18th birthday, per the State of Michigan, due to the sale of alcoholic beverages
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Be at least 16 years old and a high school graduate; OR have completed the State requirements for a G.E.D. certificate; OR be an emancipated minor; OR have passed their 18th birthday;
NOTE: When assigned to Golf Course Grill rooms, must have passed their 18th birthday, per the State of Michigan, due to the sale of alcoholic beverages.
2. Have at least six (6) months of full-time work experience in a supervisory or administrative capacity preferably in a park, recreation and/or program setting; OR
Have at least six (6) months paid or voluntary experience in Leadership for organizations such as civic, philanthropic, school clubs, and/or sports teams.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
4. Pass the employment physical established for this classification.