County Clerk Records Specialist - Elections
Under limited supervision, assists elected officials and the general public in person or by phone, in providing information relative to elections and with the processing of various legal documents relative to petitions/affidavits, campaign finance and board resolutions. Maintains Qualified Voter File and Laserfiche databases. Reviews and processes campaign finance reports. Maintains Board of Commissioners meeting minutes, resolutions, and fiscal notes for County Clerk. Processes Interlocal Agreements and files with the Office of the Great Seal. Processes Passport Applications. Assists with the certification of the county canvass by reviewing, analyzing and correcting documents submitted by the various county precincts. Proofs ballots for accuracy and completeness and assists in administering a Countywide absent voter counting board. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Educational Development Test.
2. Have three (3) years of full-time clerical work experience as an employee in a county or municipal clerk’s office or Circuit Court.
3. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
4. Successfully complete the six-month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.