Communications & Marketing Assistant - WRC
Under general supervision, assists with publicizing the Water Resources Commissioner news, programs, services and special events. Methods include writing, reviewing and editing press releases, formal letters, articles or blogs, infographics, video scripts, talking points, and other marketing materials. Develops copy and graphical content for infographics, web banners, posters, and similar marketing materials. Coordinates special projects including educational campaigns, displays, events and other tasks assigned. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a preferred major in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, Marketing or a closely related field.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Have one (1) year of full-time work experience in journalism, public relations programs and activities, advertising, marketing or a closely related area.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
If a job offer is made, an official transcript with the award date will be required. Transcripts from outside the United States must be assessed for U.S. equivalency by a NACES National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html).
Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur’s license.