Global Category Leader - Analog and Logic - Troy, MI
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This position is part of our Advanced Safety and User Experience segment and is located in Troy, Michigan.
The Global Category Leader position has a direct influence on business results with all of Aptiv's business sectors. The Global Category Leader will be responsible for key areas in the global Semiconductor portfolio, focusing primarily on the Analog Portfolio (mainly Power Management) and Logic. In this role, the Global Category Leader defines the supply and sourcing strategy and leads the supplier relationship. The position has global scope that includes providing guidance to the global buyer team as they negotiate and implement the supply strategy.
This role is an integral part of the Strategic Sourcing organization. The Global Category Leader is reporting to the Global Category Manager Semiconductors.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Develop category (commodity) strategies that create competitive advantage and capture value for the product lines
- Identify/acquire product line and corporate business requirements
- Achieve targeted category material cost performance for product lines
- Participate in relevant engineering "future direction" strategy groups
- Develop and maintain robust global category strategy
- Ensure volume leverage, supply base optimization, and supply base competitiveness
- Qualify/select/approve suppliers for CASL (category approved supplier list)
- Identify and introduce supplier innovation
- Provide input to senior leadership pertaining category/supplier related strategic and operational topics