Summer Seasonal Laborer
Under close supervision, performs entry-level unskilled manual work. May perform the following tasks depending upon the assigned division: carry, load and unload materials and equipment; dig, shovel and rake grounds; clean work sites, sewers, drains and catch basins; mow lawns, weed trimming, landscaping duties, irrigation and mowing equipment repairs; airfield movement, operate a two-way radio; performs other routine unskilled work as assigned. Must be alert to hazards and follow department safety and emergency procedures.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before the hire date.
3. Pass the employment physical established for this classification.
You are required to include your work experience in the Work Experience Section of your NEOGOV application. If you have previously included work history on a resume you must transfer your work history into the Work Experience Section prior to applying. Attached resumes will not be reviewed or considered. Please review the job posting, specifically the purpose of the position and the minimum qualifications, prior to answering the work experience question; and note that only related work experience will be considered. NOTE: Provide full detail in the employment history section noting the skills, experience and hours worked per week pertaining to the minimum qualifications.
1. May be required to provide safety shoes.
2. Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's license.