The Warehouse and Central Shipping Center (CSC) Associate Manager is responsible to direct, plan, and coordinate warehousing and CSC activities across the Bay City Manufacturing site by safely leveraging continuous improvement and efficiencies in systems, process and people (40+ direct reports.) The Warehouse and CSC Associate Manager is accountable for the defined business objectives for warehouse and CSC across the Bay City Site. These objectives include Safety, Quality, Environment, Cost, Customer Service, Morale (Team Involvement and Development through deployment of Success Drivers and High-Performance Work Teams), and management. This position will work closely with Production, Maintenance, SH&E, and Support Personnel and report directly to the Production Manager.
▪ Develop, implement, and measure goals to optimize and continuously improve Safety, Quality, and Productivity performance.
▪ Continuous improvement of Warehouse and CSC processes, systems, and tools.
▪ Coach and Develop High Performance Work Teams (APT’s) in a continuous improvement environment across
▪ Hire, train, develop, coach, and evaluate staff across all four shifts.
▪ Support high inter-shift communication and mutual respect for each other. It is expected that technical, business and social matters will be managed professionally to achieve continuous business improvements.
▪ Implement and advance team designs while ensuring that all team members work under accepted team and personal responsibilities.
▪ Consistent and fair application of company and department policies must also be maintained.
Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
▪ Balance the prioritization of the needs of the Warehouse/CSC, Business, and Production Operations in order to meet department and site goals.
▪ Develop effective communication channels and skills with other teams, shifts, departments, businesses, vendors, customers, etc. to share necessary information and accomplish goals.
▪ Participate in and contribute to project teams and task forces that are beyond the scope of immediate warehouse/central shipping responsibilities.
▪ Monitor, report and take action on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
▪ Implement Lean tools to drive out losses
▪ Utilize Visual Factory to Improve Work Flow
Key Success Factors:
▪ Promote an incident and injury free work environment.
▪ Promote and implement Lean Workstreams including APTs, Loss Teams and Kaizens.
▪ Strives to achieve route and MPS objectives through the implementation of Lean tools such as CLs, CILs, 5S, Standard Work, etc.
▪ Exhibit a high degree of flexibility, able to adapt to and manage change.
▪ Ability to make tough decisions and convert business strategy into action.
▪ Achieve business objectives defined by site
▪ Demonstrate an ability to be consistent, fair, and honest.
▪ Team player; enjoys working with others and gets satisfaction from having others perform well.
▪ Open, honest and proactive communication style.
▪ Assertive/self-starter with high degree of initiative.
▪ Exhibit strong interpersonal skills.
▪ Demonstrate a high degree of motivation.
▪ Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
▪ Role Model for application of the Success Drivers and Manufacturing Performance Systems.
▪ Leads team meetings by using Lean Loss Analysis tools.
▪ Willingness to coach, sponsor and/or participate in an APT.
▪ Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
▪ Demonstrated high degree of safety awareness & focus.
▪ 3+ years’ experience in Operations/Warehouse/Logistics Management.
▪ Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing across functions/site.
- Demonstrated people leadership and change agent.
▪ Demonstrated high standards of personal conduct and work ethics.
▪ Self-starter capable of shift leadership and proven ability to complete tasks independently.
▪ Demonstrated ability to plan and organize activities.
▪ Recognized for promoting, fostering, encouraging and practicing all elements of Success Drivers
▪ Computer literate and a willingness to learn and develop computer skills: Microsoft Office, SAP, etc.
▪ Value Stream Mapping experience preferred
▪ Experience in leading the implementation and utilization of Lean practices and tools (Kaizen, PDCA, CL, 5S, APT’s, etc.)
▪ Coordinate, organize, deliver and otherwise manage the annual Performance Review Process.
▪ As experience is gained, be willing to take on further leadership responsibilities to address both business needs and personal development.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
Associate Manager of Warehouse Operations-SC Johnson, Bay City, MIAPACC - Asian Pacific American Chamber of CommerceJob Description