The Plant Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) – Environmental Specialist position is responsible to implement and administer standardized EHS processes to ensure compliance with federal, state, provincial and local environmental regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures. The Environmental Specialist is expected to contribute to the achievement of world class status and corporate savings by minimizing waste, reducing energy use, preventing water loss, and avoiding environmental impacts. This position will specifically focus on ensuring environmental compliance, supporting World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Environmental Pillar activities and Environmental Management System (EMS 14001).
The EHS — Environmental Specialist position will report to the plant EHS lead and be responsible for but not limited to:
- Maintaining and implementing elements of the plants ISO 14001 environmental management system to ensure ongoing compliance with all applicable environmental regulatory and corporate requirements and achieve WCM Pillar requirements and goals
- Oversee/implement EHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted
- Conduct regular audits of EHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate EHS staff of findings
- Analyze environmental incidents, determine root causes, implement corrective action and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate EHS
- Manage new equipment programs at the concept stage to ensure that EHS design specifications and regulations are included
- Manage routine environmental reports, permit applications, inventories and surveys including: data acquisition, documentation, record keeping, monitoring, review, and approval
- Coordinate communication of EHS regulatory inspection activity with plant leadership
- Lead EHS projects to improve EHS key performance metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Minimum 5 years of environmental, engineering or related experience
- Strong understanding of federal, state, provincial and local regulations and requirements including experience with Title V and air compliance
- Willingness to work on any shift and additional hours as required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership, analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite and/or other software
- Master’s degree in Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Science or related field
- Environmental related professional certifications (e.g. PE, CHMM)
- Automotive or manufacturing experience
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.