The primary responsibility of the Component Engineer is to design and develop wire harness components (metal and plastics) for automotive wire harnesses using a focused and disciplined approach. Ownership of entire product development cycle of assigned part(s) including adherence to specification, quality, cost, weight and on time delivery.
- Develop and Release Robust On Time Designs
- Ensure Adherence to Specification for Assigned Parts
- Ensure Design Meets Customer Requirement
- Track and Control Design Changes
- Support On Time Part Delivery
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Support Cost, Weight and Warranty Reduction Activities
- Support Harness/Vehicle Assembly Plants
- Work Cross Functionally with Customer, Suppliers, Purchasing, Quality, Manufacturing, etc.
- Support Design Reviews