Warranty Engineer - Troy, MI
This position is part of our Signal & Power Solutions segment, Electrical Distribution Systems business group and is located in Troy, MI.
- Reduce OEM vehicle year over year warranty.
- Review dealer repair orders daily-identify root cause and cause for warranty.
- Contact dealerships for clarification when questions on a Repair Order in order to bin repair order correctly.
- Pareto analysis of warranty using the Sufficiency Plan and Repair Order (SPARO) report.
- Add comments and breakpoints to SPARO program.
- Make recommendations to customer for corrective actions.
- Work with Aptiv plants to implement corrective actions on Aptiv related warranty claims. Drive corrective actions.
- Attend bi-monthly customer QRD meetings.
- Attend weekly team meetings with customer QRD, customer Plant Electrical Coordinator and other participants.
- Ensure compliance with customer-specific requirements.
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications):
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- At least 3+ years' experience in automotive wire harnesses, electrical distribution systems, related subject matter.
- Team orientated and extroverted.
- Strong Communication (written and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong and thorough decision maker.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications):
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Prefer prior Design Release Engineer or vehicle service experience.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills.
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages:
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Parental leave, etc.)
About Signal & Power Solutions:
Signal & Power Solutions leverages our heritage as a global architecture provider and systems integrator to deliver the high speed data and electrical power distribution systems required for feature rich, highly automated vehicles.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.