Supervisor, Project Engineer - Design
Location: Administrative Building, Beverly Hills, MI 48025
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Hour Per Week: 40
Rate of Pay: $89,038.00 - $92,279.00
- Under the general supervision of the division head, is responsible for and supervises all aspects of the design function on specific road/highway improvement projects.
- Searches existing records for survey, right-of-way, soils, and traffic information.
- Directs preliminary survey, geotechnical requirements, utility coordination, hydraulic and drainage studies and system design, performs structural analysis and design of bridges/culverts, and conducts field reviews.
- Develops cost estimates and addresses environmental considerations.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation, revision and delivery of preliminary and final plans, specifications and engineer’s estimates.
- Supervises and coaches assigned staff.
- Must perform duties in a professional and courteous manner to promote a positive image of the Road Commission for Oakland County.
- Regular and predictable onsite job attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Requires a daily schedule that supports RCOC hours of operation.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering. Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D is required.
- MDOT/Local Agency Program federal aid highway project development experience is preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience commensurate with the duties described above is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Driver's License.