Production Engineer - Battle Creek, MI
This position is responsible for managing the Production Engineering Department by setting direction for projects, determining goals, budgets and Action Pans. This position is responsible for the development of the PE Department, the performance of Associates and for the improvement of production and quality performance. Additionally, this position is responsible for monitoring the APQP activity from the RFQ stage through mass production start-up to ensure production timing.
- Coordinates the development of new products for manufacturability and assigns work projects to Engineers in the department.
- Coordinates & continuously improves the APQP process.
- Responsible for Nenkei planning, capacity planning and long-term planning.
- Responsible for research & development of new technologies and process improvements.
- Manage and oversee cost down and EF activities.
- Works with production to ensure that manufacturing processes are operating in the most efficient manner possible.
- Seeks input from manufacturing on process design improvements for new products.
- Oversees equipment to ensure it is functional, in good repair and within safety codes.
- Ensures compliance with all IATF-16949 and ISO-14001 requirements.
- Responsible for summarizing PE activity and reporting to upper management.
- Developing training systems and coordinate activities to ensure engineering proficiency.
- Oversee the RFQ process to ensure competitiveness in the market for new products.
- Prepare and monitor budgets, develop various reports, develop Action Plans and approve overtime, if necessary.
- Responsible for motivating and encouraging Associates to participate in teamwork, kaizen completion and other team building/productivity activities.
- Ensure that department procedures are developed and current.
- Assist with Associate questions, resolve concerns, conduct performance evaluations, administer discipline and assume overall responsibility for maintaining positive Associate relations within the department.
- Track assets within the department.
- Coordinate the training of department personnel and maintain training records.
- Ensure that all safety rules are observed.
- Perform cost analysis and support EF activities.
- Ensure all work areas meet 5S standards.
- May be required to perform additional duties as assigned.