Manager, Signal Systems Engineering
Location: Waterford, MI 48328
Department: Traffic Safety
Job Status: Full-Time
Shift: 7:30 AM - 4:15 PM
Days Worked: Mon., Tue., Wed., Thu., Fri.
Hour Per Week: 40
Rate of Pay: $108,715.00 - $112,672.00
- Position reports to the Director of Traffic Safety.
- Plans and directs the activities of the Signal Systems Division and the Traffic Operations Center. Supervise a staff consisting of engineers, technicians and an account clerk.
- Provides transportation engineering expertise in traffic signal systems, construction, maintenance, installation and operation of traffic signals and systems.
- Monitors the division budget.
- Oversees multiple consultants and contracts used for traffic signal design, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design, design and maintenance of network architecture and system engineering work related to the Traffic Operations Center.
- Applies for and prepares applications for federal funding for traffic safety projects.
- Must stay abreast of new products and technologies related to traffic signals, ITS and Connected Vehicles.
- Manages the Traffic Signal Program.
- Represents the Road Commission at federal, state and local levels as a subject matter expert in traffic signal systems, ITS and Connected Vehicles.
- Coordinates with staff, electrical division and purchasing for inventory and procurement of materials for future projects and annual quantities for materials. Reviews procurements and makes recommendation to Director.
- Makes technical presentations at federal, state and local conferences. Provides tours of the Traffic Operations Center.
- Must perform duties in a professional and courteous manner to promote a positive image of the Road Commission for Oakland County.
- Requires a daily schedule that supports RCOC hours of operation.
- Regular and predictable on-site job attendance is an essential function of this position.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil (transportation) engineering.
- A minimum of seven (7) years or more experience in engineering; traffic signals, ITS design and operations is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of management experience is preferred.
- A Michigan Professional Engineer (PE) License is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid State of Michigan Driver’s License.