High Voltage Battery Mechanical Array D&R Engineer - Dearborn, MI
Job Description & Qualifications:
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking and User Experience methods, you will work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We are seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies and more!
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead the design and release of future model High Voltage (HV) battery welded array modules by working with HV battery package engineers, suppliers, welding process engineers, and HV battery component engineers.
- Develop electrical, mechanical, and thermal interfaces and ensure package compatibility for module into HV Battery System
- Design or evaluate supplier design of specific module components using engineering techniques and knowledge of manufacturing process to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective design
- Work closely with other functions and global teams to meet package, performance, and attribute requirements for HV Battery Array System.
- Complete Design and Release activities including release HV Battery array in WERS, Validation, Issues management, Quality Document Development, and delivery
- Interface to adjacent teams including HV Battery unit team, HV Battery manufacturing team, and HV Battery cell team, HV Battery Testing team, Supplier Technical Assistance, and Purchasing.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field or a combination of education and equivalent experience
- 2+ years of manufacturing process experience
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in packaging design in body or structure groups of automotive or similar industry, experience in manufacturing, and or experience in electrified powertrain testing.
- Experience in Design and Release roles in Body and Structural design or similar preferred
- Proficient knowledge of Digital Buck, TeamCenter, CATIA, or other CAD/CAE tools and able to coordinate CAD support from suppliers and internal pack teams
- Experience with crash safety CAE or testing preferred, Ability to coordinate CAE projects with CAE team and evaluate complex CAE models for HV Battery Arrays
- Experience with Matlab programs for modeling and data reduction
- Knowledge of GD&T standards, 2D print and tolerance stack up analysis methods
- Knowledge of stampings, castings, and injection molded plastics preferred
- Experience in DVP&R development and evaluation
- Experience with Quality documents (DFMEA, PFMEA, control plans, etc.)
- Experience writing requirements documents (ES) and evaluating supplier designs to requirements
- Ability to work effectively with various functions of a vehicle program
- Proactive, self-motivated, and attention to detail
- Strong teamwork, organizational, oral communication, presentation, and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, able to effectively interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Minimal travel expected, primarily SE Michigan Ford facilities
- READ MORE...