Electrical System Cost Engineering Cost Responsible
The Electrical Engineering Cost Responsible will be responsible for leading the Electrical Engineering System Cost Engineering (SCE) team in developing and implementing standard cost methods for evaluating EDD, variable, investment and setting cost targets. The Cost Responsible will lead their team in ensuring cost models and offset forms are in compliance to methodology, clarity and negotiation points to support purchasing. The Cost Responsible must be able to evaluate component technical cost drivers for production tooling and assembly equipment. The selected candidate will ensure key deliverables are met for target setting, sourcing offset, CN cost collaboration and asset verification for FCA owned supplier tooling. The Cost Responsible will also be required to develop strategic relationships with purchasing ad engineering counterparts to identify cost and price improvement opportunities in early design phase through post-launch.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance (or equivalent degree) from an ABET accredited university
- 10 years of automotive based experience in (1) component cost management or analysis and/or (2) product/project management in product development/releasing, finance or purchasing
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to present ideas and concepts successfully to all levels of management
- Ability to manage and establish processes to support change
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Advanced Business degree
- Knowledge of financial concepts
- Strong knowledge of releasing and sourcing processes including PentaSAP (GST), CN, Source Package, FASTCAR and Teamcenter
- Cost control in a high volume automotive component manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes or production tool design and fabrication
- Experience in electrical/software engineering
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.