Distribution Operations Electric Engineer - Detroit, MI
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
The expert level engineer responsible for planning and developing engineering projects with unique or challenging problems which may impact major company programs. Applies thorough and diversified knowledge of engineering or scientific principles and practices; makes decisions independently and represents the organization in the resolution of important issues. Evaluate progress and results obtained, make recommendations to senior management.
- Performs complex engineering assignments that are unclearly defined. Guides the development of new policies and ideas.
- Builds relationships with internal and/or external customers, vendors, regulatory bodies, etc., to achieve organizational and Company objectives.
- Establishes and reviews test procedures; supports the application of new technologies, materials, and equipment.
- Oversees the implementation and manages all phases of significant projects.
- Identifies and implements high-level, long-term strategic and tactical plans to ensure Company objectives are met.
- AND MORE...