Civil Engineer III - Design
- Under the general supervision of a division head, is responsible for and supervises all aspects of the design function on specific projects.
- Searches existing records for survey, right-of-way, soils, and traffic information.
- Directs preliminary survey, hydraulic and drainage studies and system design, performs structural analysis and design of bridges/ culverts, and conducts field reviews.
- Develops costs estimates and addresses environmental considerations.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation, revision and delivery of preliminary and final plans, specifications and engineer’s estimates.
- Must perform duties in a professional and courteous manner to promote a positive image of the Road Commission for Oakland County.
- Regular and predictable onsite job attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Requires a daily schedule that supports RCOC hours of operation.
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD civil 3d is desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience commensurate with the duties described above is required.