Snowflake Developer - Southfield, MI
Lear is looking for a Snowflake developer to join our talented project team in building our modern data analytics platform for our business users. Your primary focus as a Snowflake developer will be collaborating on the design and development of a modern data platform in Snowflake on Azure. Candidates for this role need to be able to take end-to-end ownership of their code in the Snowflake platform for use in Power BI dashboards and visualizations.
Your work will include, but not be limited to:
- Working daily within a project team environment, taking direction from project management and technical leaders.
- Effectively translating business requirements into detailed functional and technical specifications, while creating high performance code that meet strategic and tactical business requirements.
- Perform as Snowflake expert on architecture, design and development set up.
- Championing development, deployment, code reviews and production support.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related fields, or equivalent experience
- A broad range of skills and experience ranging from data architecture to ETL, security, performance analysis, analytics, etc. He/she should have the ability to both lead analytics projects as well as deliver technical solutions.
- Completed training on the Snowflake Data Cloud such as Snowflake's "Hands-On Essentials" or "Fundamentals" course, or have equivalent hands-on experience using Snowflake.
- 7-10 years of experience working in a technical role delivering analytics projects.
- Understanding of complete data analytics stack and workflow, from ETL to data platform design to BI and analytics tools.
- Strong skills in databases, data warehouses, data modeling, and data processing
- Extensive hands-on expertise with SQL and SQL analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with large-scale database technology (e.g. Snowflake, RedShift, BigQuery, Synapse, Vertica, Netezza, Exadata, Teradata, Greenplum, etc.).
- Semantic model and report development experience using common Business Intelligence or data exploration tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Oracle BI, Cognos, Microstrategy, Business Objects, etc.).
- Fluent in English
Bonus If You Have:
- Certified on Snowflake with the SnowPro Core certification
- Certified on Microsoft Power BI with the Microsoft Data Analyst Associate certification
- At least 1 year experience building Data Lake or Data Warehouse solutions with Snowflake or Power BI
- Outstanding skills presenting to both technical and executive audiences, whether impromptu on a whiteboard or using presentations and demos
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, OpenStack, etc.)
- Experience using Azure services such as Azure Blob Storage or Azure Data Factory
- Experience working in the automotive industry or with other large manufacturing companies
- Data Science or Advanced Analytics experience with custom (Python, R, Spark, Databricks) or packaged tools (Zepl, Dataiku, DataRobot, Alteryx)
Lear Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workplace.