Senior Data Scientist
This position is for Vehma International of America, a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
The Senior Data Scientist will be a key member of the R&D team and will use knowledge and expertise to solve data-related challenges in manufacturing operations and data analysis related to R&D projects.
- Implement strategy and applications of statistical analysis, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools to improve process, manufacturing, predictive maintenance, and business processes.
- Create solutions that leverage all signal modalities such as image (vision) and audio (speech/sound) as well as networked (CAN, LAN, LIN, Ethernet) physical sensors.
- Develop novel and functional solutions through dimensionality reduction, causality preservation, and quality control problems with hierarchical data where it is essential to the exact root-cause via correct causal inferencing.
- Develop real-time, implementable, operation dependent ML or Hybrid (ML + Classical) algorithmic solutions. These solutions must be capable of accurately predicting the true state of parts (age) relative to a prescribed threshold performance with minimal overlap between False Negatives and False Positives.
- Interpret results and communicate to technical and non-technical audiences, cross-functional teams, and executive leadership.
- Support, plan, and execute ML and AI initiatives, manage and facilitate initial small-scale implementation, and support broad deployment and adoption within the organization.
Knowledge and Education
- Education – Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Education - Preferred: Master’s Degree in Data Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field of study
- Other Experience Required: Demonstrated hands-on experience in the use of one or more of the following techniques:
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Robotics/IR vision systems
Years of Experience: Minimum three to five (3-5) years of related experience with a focus on data analytics, IR vision systems, or robotics
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and innovative thinking.
- Ability to identify, propose, and lead new research projects which have a near or far-term value add.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work well with others as part of a diverse global team.
Required to follow health, safety and environmental regulations specified in the Employee Handbook as well as any rules or standards otherwise specified by government regulations and/or government agencies. Expected to exercise safe work practices in all work activities and report any unsafe conditions or actions, injuries, or near misses involving yourself or other team members to the appropriate supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear, and use hands to keyboard, handle, grasp, and touch. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and have adequate mobility to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Less than ten percent (10%) travel may be required.