Cybersecurity Architect - Troy, Michigan
SHAPE THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY FROM DAY ONE.
This fulltime remote work opportunity is part of Aptiv’s Corporate Functions.
Join Aptiv in leading the automotive industry in advancing cybersecurity solutions by integrating cutting-edge technologies within our products. Our team protects our customers from the most advanced threats affecting the automotive industry. Aptiv’s Product Cybersecurity Innovations Team is working to protect Aptiv products by designing secure embedded systems that leverage both industry-proven solutions and internally-derived technologies.
As our Cybersecurity Architect, you will focus primarily on shaping automotive compute innovation by directing novel research, architecting and designing prototype systems, collaborating with production engineering technical leadership, creating state-of-the-art reference implementations, and much more. Your contributions will ensure vehicles on the streets are protected from grave threats such as directed nation-state attacks.
- Perform research into automotive applicability of the latest software security technologies
- Work with the governance & compliance team to ensure solutions meet or exceed current and anticipated regulations/standards
- Create implementation strategies for development of prototypes and demos
- Work with other team members to transition developed technologies to production engineering teams around the world
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities from hardware, firmware, and software cyberattacks
- Debugging and addressing detected cyberattacks reported by Product Cybersecurity’s Incident Response Team and Automotive Red Team and drafting lessons learned to improve future risk reduction decision-making
- Lead experiments testing the limits of state-of-the-art software and embedded systems technologies to generate reference implementations
- Generate intellectual property (e.g., patents) to secure future cybersecurity dominance in the automotive space
- Leverage and spearhead novel enhancements to virtualization and/or emulation technologies to expedite technology development and testing while maximizing portability to real/actual hardware
- Prepare and present findings and achievements in brief (~5 minute) and/or deep (~20 minute) presentations across Aptiv’s extended enterprise
- Identify and utilize embedded platforms/operating systems to create new solutions that will change how automotive systems are deployed in the future
- Responsible for staying abreast of offensive and defensive cybersecurity activities in the public/commercial domain and working with the team to design innovation solutions as appropriate
- Serve as a key subject matter expert for cybersecurity evaluations and assessments
- Dissect longer projects and efforts into sub-tasks that can demonstrate incremental progress on a bi-monthly to monthly basis
- Plan, monitor, and manage your time effectively against your and your team’s targets
- Ability to guide product teams through integration of new cybersecurity system designs and validation methodologies
- Strong ability and willingness to defend viewpoint by providing compelling information and evidence to broad audiences including technical and non-technical staff and leadership
- Red More...