Global Commodity Manager - Ride Control - Southfield, MI
Tenneco is one of the world's leading designers, manufacturers, and marketers of automotive products for original equipment and aftermarket customers, with full year 2021 revenues of $18 billion and approximately 71,000 team members working at more than 260 sites worldwide. Through our four business groups, Motorparts, Performance Solutions, Clean Air and Powertrain, Tenneco is driving advancements in global mobility by delivering technology solutions for diversified global markets, including light vehicle, commercial truck, off-highway, industrial, motorsport and the aftermarket.
We are looking for a Global Commodity Manager - Ride Control. The Global Commodity Lead is responsible for managing supplier relationships and developing global strategies across specific commodities to achieve the best value for Tenneco. This person will facilitate global cross functional commodity teams to implement strategies, and will also provide guidance to commodity buyers, located in different locations and regions, working in the related commodities.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Develop in-depth commodity expertise, implement global commodity strategies for area of responsibility.
- Manage commodity savings and strategies for areas of responsibility.
- Scope is global and across business units
- Drive activity to identify and source low cost country suppliers.
- Prepare, present and negotiate proposals and long term commercial agreements in collaboration with exec./commodity director.
- Drive improvement in BOS metrics (quality, delivery, service and cost) for specific commodities.
- Champion cross functional VA/VE and TVM activity between Tenneco and suppliers.
- Ensure team and suppliers comply with Global Purchasing policies and procedures.
- Negotiate regional and global contracts.
- AND MORE...