Manager, Commercial Strategy - Battle Creek, MI
Advance your career as a Manager, Commercial Strategy. In this exciting role, you will focus on the customer by delivering insights, strategies, and execution.
You will focus on category initiatives to achieve Quarterly and Annual Net Sales Budget, Operating Profits, and Market Share growth - all while building your expertise and network.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Strategic Mindset – Leveraging insights and analytics to articulate the category, segment and occasion trends will be important. You will enable the broader strategy with category partners and in partnership with customer teams.
- Customer Focus - Our Customers and the Field Sales team will rely on you to represent them and serve as their voice to several headquarter functions. You will ensure that the voice of our Retailers / Sales teams is represented within our strategies & plans. Ensuring programs and plans are executable with customers is critical. You will also be the voice of the category teams to the field team to help clarify and build confidence in the sales plans.
- Cross-functional Collaboration – This role has significant partnership needs across our entire Commercial Category: Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, Research & Development, and Sales. It is critical for this individual to be able to lead a group of diverse functions and ensure they are all working towards the same initiatives.
- Operational Insights - Driving a strong alignment and partnership with the sales team will be key to your success. It is important to be inclusive of both the account managers and the execution leads to understanding needs, timing, distribution, execution & support plans, etc. You will frequently monitor and drive visibility on all Product Work Requests (PWR). Further, you will work on articulating, producing, and selling the annual category strategy.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Strong background in the areas of brand management, strategy development or headquarter account sales.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with various deadlines, specific time constraints and conflicting priorities. Must be able to prioritize projects within heavy workload periods
- This position requires the incumbent to frequently work in dynamic, short time-lined situations
- Strong organizational, presentation and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Analytical skills: the ability to interpret data and market research and bring forward insights-based solutions
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications
- The ability to work with many people at varied levels of experience and authority.
- AND MORE...