Senior Buyer B (Sales & Marketing) - Auburn Hills, MI
Just like a bridge, our mission in Purchasing is to connect internal and external partners to deliver world class results. We build our bridge together on solid foundational values. Our global Purchasing team sources over $80 billion in products and services annually. We deliver world class results by embracing our values of Belief, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Growth, and Energy (BRIDGE) as they are the framework for our culture. We believe in a work-life balance and provide team members opportunities for mentoring, learning and development and exposure to senior leadership. FCA offers Buyers an outstanding opportunity to launch a successful career with a major automotive company known in the industry for speed, style and innovation. FCA takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experience and perspectives. At FCA, we believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance. Most opportunities will be global in nature and will involve collaboration with FCA colleagues in Italy, South America and Asia, along with finding Synergies with our PSA counterparts. Our buyers manage all commercial terms for a specific deck of parts and develop sourcing strategies for assigned commodities ensuring that suppliers are capable of meeting FCA quality, technology and supply requirements.
The core responsibilities of the Sales and Marketing Senior Buyer include:
- Leading commercial negotiations, developing commodity strategies, conducting benchmarking exercises and daily execution of transactional activities
- This role is to cover our Social, CRM and Data commodities in the first instance, but flexibility to add and grow into other commodities areas will be there as the team works closely to manage workloads and responsibilities
- Ideal candidates will strive to personally drive improvement to the Purchasing organization's processes and strategies
This position affords the opportunity for career development within the Purchasing organization and with other cross-functional groups.
Join our Bridge team! We are looking for a high energy, enthusiastic professional, driven to achieve world class results as a Sales & Marketing Buyer.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, degree from an accredited program or equivalent
- 7 or more years of purchasing or closely related relevant experience
- Strong communication skills and are highly customer focused
- Able to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Fluent in MS Office Suite/G Suite
- Master's degree
- Automotive and/or consumer electronics experience in Purchasing, Engineering or cost evaluation
- Experience with SAP
- Global commodity experience: participating in global sourcing activities and working in global teams