Senior Buyer B - Front Structures - Auburn Hills, MI
Just like a bridge, our mission in Purchasing is to connect internal and external partners to deliver world class results. We build our bridge together on solid foundational values. Our global Purchasing team sources over $80 billion in products and services annually. We deliver world class results by embracing our values of Belief, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Growth, and Energy (BRIDGE) as they are the framework for our culture. We believe in a work-life balance and provide team members opportunities for mentoring, learning & development and exposure to senior leadership. FCA takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experiences and perspectives. At FCA, we believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance. The Senior Buyer B for Seat Front Structures will support buying in North America and Globally with an annual value of business of ~$500M.
The core responsibilities of this position are the development, ownership, and execution of full lifecycle commodity strategies which include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the global lead for front structures coordinating global sourcing's, benchmarking and commodity strategy execution
- Lead Buyer for key seat suppliers Brose and Faurecia that span across multiple seat buyers - coordinate and manage open issues, lead and execute business plan, and serve as escalation point to drive issue closure
- Coordinate and execute commercial pricing agreements and detailed price breakdowns that will be used across all programs and suppliers
- Subject matter expert in cost management and manufacturing processes with a particular emphasis on efficiency
- Manage and/or support complex supply issues
- Frequent professional communication with senior leadership is expected
- Strive to continuously improve purchasing processes and more specifically restraint sourcing and cost management.
This position affords the opportunity for career development within the Purchasing organization and with other cross-functional groups.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical), Business, Finance, Economics, or closely related field from an accredited program
- Minimum of 7 years of purchasing or closely related relevant experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Strong fluency with G Suite / MS Office Suite (strong spreadsheet skills)
- Global commodity experience: participating in global sourcing activities and working in global teams
- Master's degree; MBA or Engineering (ME/EE)
- CPSM Certification
- International working experience
- Familiarity with cross functional (Finance, Engineering, SCM, Capacity) processes
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.