Senior Buyer B (E-Shifters, Steering Column Control Modules and Horns) - Auburn Hills, MI
Purchasing's mission is to connect internal and external partners to deliver world class results. We build our bridge together on solid foundational values. Our global Purchasing team sources over $80 billion in products and services annually. We deliver world class results by embracing our values of Belief, Respect, Innovation, Diversity, Growth, and Energy (BRIDGE) as they are the framework for our culture. We believe in a work-life balance and provide team members opportunities for mentoring, learning & development and exposure to senior leadership. Stellantis takes great pride in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees can leverage strengths, experience and perspectives. We believe it is the diversity of talent and perspective that allows us to take a visionary approach, to strategically apply new technologies and forge ahead in our industry in innovation and performance.
The core responsibilities of a Senior Buyer are the development, ownership, and execution of full lifecycle commodity strategies which include but are not limited to:
- Leading all aspects of the commercial relationship with the supply base and internal customers
- Management of the sourcing process, developing and implementing creative solutions to complex challenges, capacity and cost management, and purchase order issuance and maintenance, and contract administration
- Sourcing suppliers, managing complex contracts, interfacing with internal and external customers, managing key Tier 1 and Tier II supplier relationships, and developing strategies
- Leading supplier development and cross-functional communications with suppliers using a "One Voice" approach and lead a cross-functional team including partners from Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Supplier Quality and Finance
- Managing key supplier relationships while maximizing suppliers' ability to deliver quality product on time
- Frequent professional communication with senior leadership is expected
This position affords the opportunity for career development within the Purchasing organization and with other cross-functional groups. The ideal candidate will strive to drive improvement to the purchasing organization's processes and strategies.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business, Finance, Economics, degree from an accredited program
- 7 or more years of purchasing or closely related relevant experience
- Strong communication skills and are highly customer focused
- Able to effectively lead cross-functional teams
- Fluent in MS Office Suite/G Suite
- Master's degree
- Automotive and/or consumer electronics experience in purchasing, engineering or cost evaluation
- Experience with SAP
- Global commodity experience: participating in global sourcing activities and working in global teams
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.