Logistics Buyer, Ocean Container - Auburn Hills, MI
The Logistics Buyer for Ocean Containers is responsible for:
- Managing strategic and tactical purchasing for parts, vehicles flows and/ or solutions - Ocean, air and freight forwarding procurement specialist.
- Knowledge of ocean containerized shipping
- Knowledge of ocean and air digital tools and solutions.
- Coordinating tender strategy and planning with Global Strategic Lead Buyer.
- Coordinating tender preparation with internal stakeholders.
- Market animation and bid list consolidation; Tender analysis and scenario building.
- Active role in negotiation guide preparation and negotiation with suppliers.
- Supplier homologation.
- Monitoring market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
- Developing ideas to improve operational efficiency and add value
- Supporting freight payment discrepancies
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Engineering or related fields
- A minimum of 4.5 years of relevant experience
- Project coordination and management
- Strong analytical capabilities, with working management in data analysis
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Listening, analysis, global vision, simplification
- Impactful communication, collaboration, influence results-oriented
- Organized and rigorous, proactive, adaptable, self-confident, controlled
- Permanent learning, innovative thinking and knowledge transfers
- Detail orientated and data driven
- Master's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Engineering or related fields
- Digital sourcing solutions and Microsoft Excel, Access, Tableau
- Data visualization (Power BI & Tableau)
- Strong experience in Transport and Logistics or Supply Chain
- Strong experience in Purchasing and Project Management
- Previous purchasing and negotiation experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.