Commodity Buyer - Monroe, MI
We are looking for a Commodity Buyer. Manage the spend, sourcing and lead cross functional commodity teams to establish strategies and actions across a range of commodities to achieve the best value for the company. Commodity responsibility includes nature rubber, rubber chemicals, and a variety of other metal components including stampings, castings and NVH related materials. Coordinate activities as part of the Global Supply Chain Management Team.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You'll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Drive commodity savings, strategy and new program bid list.
- Support supplier development to identify low cost country sources of supply.
- Solicit quotations from suppliers to support strategies and benchmarking.
- Negotiate proposals and long term agreements that achieve least total cost.
- Responsible for making sourcing decisions.
- Improve commodity performance to key metrics using BOS processes to support continuous improvement related to quality, delivery, service and cost.
- Market test alternative supply sources to provide Tenneco improved competitiveness.
- Direct supplier VA/VE ideas and development activity in alignment with Tenneco requirements.
- Maintain compliance to GSCM policies and procedures.
- Negotiate regional contracts and participate in global negotiations where applicable.
- Issue and maintain purchase orders to local and global supply base as authorized by the Commodity Manager.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in business, technical discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years experience in Supply Chain Management or related work environment.
- Strong team player with ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Corporate SCM experience with international business desired (BCC preferred.)
- Excellent PC skills (spreadsheets, etc.) required; familiarity with SAP desirable.
- Excellent communication skills across various levels are required.
- Functional understanding of BOM's, MRP, IATF 16949 & related AIAG practices and standards.
- Ability to travel is required. (estimate 10% - 20%).
- Ability to interpret and communicate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Technical familiarity with a range of materials and manufacturing processes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.