Geographically Disadvantaged Business Specialist - Lansing, MI
The Department of Technology, Management and Budget supports the business operations of state agencies through a variety of services, including building management and maintenance, information technology, centralized contracting and procurement, budget and financial management, space planning and leasing, construction management, motor vehicle fleet operations, and oversight of the state retirement systems.
This position coordinates the development and implementation of the Michigan Supplier Community (MiSC) and the Geographically Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (GDBE) programs for DTMB Central Procurement and State departments/agencies and ensures the State’s compliance with the Governor’s Executive Directive 2019-8. Additionally, this position will coordinate development and implementation of additional supplier outreach activities as realized. This individual will develop and implement strategies for increasing the economic impact of small and geographically disadvantaged business enterprises in Michigan, who do business with the State. This position will also develop policies and procedures to implement the MiSC program, as well as provide training and represent DTMB at outreach events. This individual may provide back-up support to the Supplier Relations section as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Possession of a bachelor's degree in any major.
- Four years of professional experience, including two years equivalent to the experienced (P11) level or one year equivalent to the advanced (12) level.
View the entire job specification at:
To be considered for this position you must:
- Apply for this position online via NEOGOV; click on "Apply" in the job posting for instructions on submitting your electronic application. Hard copy applications are not accepted.
- Relevant experience and/or education referred to in the supplemental questions must be documented in the resume, transcript and/or application to allow for accurate screening.
- Attach a resume identifying specific experience and dates of employment. Dates of employment should include month and year and hours per week.
- Attach a cover letter.
- If applicable, attach a copy of an official transcript(s). We accept scanned copies of official transcripts. We do not accept web-based, internet, or copies of unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts provide the name of the institution, confirmation that a degree was awarded and on what date, and the registrar's signature.