Expatriate Specialist I
GENERAL FUNCTION: Administers the retail aspects of international banking and sales of bank products to expatriate customers including depository accounts, account transactions, international wire transfers and foreign currency transactions, credit cards and coordinates car loan and mortgage loan products as well as Fifth Third Securities products with Fifth Third internal partners. Develops and maintains relationships with International corporate clients and prospects Bancorp-wide to grow revenue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify opportunities and develop strategies to market retail banking products and services to expatriates.
- Retain and attract new customers throughout the Bancorp by selling and marketing all retail products; refer commercial business opportunities to appropriate partners.
- Open accounts; communicate customs and practices of the U.S. banking system to international clients; develop explanatory literature in foreign languages; publish a newsletter targeted to international clients.
- Communicate professionally with customers and bank employees to resolve account questions, issues or problems.
- Perform seminars in native languages and English regarding retail and international services offered by Fifth Third.
- Respond to international transaction requests for individuals including expatriate loans and accounts and individual international currency or wire requests.
- Pursue workflow process improvements internally and with clients.
- Act as the back-up for peers.
- Coordinate and support various projects.
- Attend programs and seminars with state and local economic development agencies, chambers of commerce and local trade groups promoting foreign investment.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- English and Japanese language skills, including the ability to speak, read, write and use computer software in a second language on a professional level required
- Typically requires 1 to 2 years of professional work experience dealing with financial services
- Prior banking experience strongly preferred
- Ability to properly type, edit and proof general business correspondence and prepare reports
- Attention to detail; strong sales ability; strong interpersonal skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks required
- Experience with Word and Excel required
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment