Director Business Development Japanese Accounts
The Director of Business Development, Japanese Accounts will be based in Farmington Hills, MI and be responsible for participating in the formation of corporate and strategic plans and to create and win new business while sustaining current accounts at Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and Subaru and Major Tier 1's.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Develop new strategic alliances with key customers (Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Subaru, Yazaki, Sumitomo, Calsonic Kasei-Marelli)
- Analyze and understand customers’ business strategy, future product plans, and expansion activities and align Flex resources where mutually beneficial.
- Define business priorities through a broad and far vision of market and technology needs, to include initiating and managing business development activities that will strengthen, expand and drive market penetration.
- Work closely with the Business Development Team and the Finance Department to control budgets within the department.
- Assist current accounts in the development and execution of product roadmaps and act as a focal point in delivering Flex’s solutions which include concept development, industrial design, manufacturing, supply chain/logistics, services support and reverse logistics.
- Support senior management with regard to managing and evaluating key personnel and in terms of talent acquisition to provide further potential to business resources.
- Implement appropriate HR strategies and actions to recruit and retain a qualified and motivated workforce.
- Japanese Language skills preferred for customer engagement in North American and Japan Headquarters of customers
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering fields, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in Automotive working with or in Japanese OEMs or Tier 1 suppliers
- Must have worked in Automotive Business Development at a Manager level a minimum of 5 years
- Experience working with or ability to self-start/teach in new portals and systems
- Ability to travel a minimum of 1 international trip per year as well as 20-30% domestic/Mexico
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Fluent in Japanese
- Technical or Engineering background
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers