Business Development Representative - Emerging Growth & Innovation -Waterford, MI
Within the Economic Development function, promotes the County as a business location by providing resources and technical assistance to businesses contemplating investment and growth in the County by linking them to appropriate local, regional, state, and federal resources and programs. Acts as a sales/technical representative to both local and non-resident businesses in order to coordinate available County assistance and to perform advocacy functions for these businesses. Develops and maintains communication with area businesses and other interested groups in order to gather and disseminate pertinent information regarding business needs and economic development services, including sector-specific resources. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
Thoroughly documented work history
The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Public Administration, Business Administration, Urban Planning, Economic Development, Marketing, Political Science, or a closely related field.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
2. Have at least three (3) years of full-time professional work experience in the public or private sector in economic development, community development or a closely related area.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator’s or chauffeur’s license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license before the hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.