Manager National & International Business Development
Under general direction, is responsible for the administration and operation of the economic development – national & international business attraction programs of Oakland County. Operationalizes the strategic plan in the following areas; national and international business attraction and organizes operations for advancing exporting opportunities for Oakland County businesses. Recommends appropriate tactics to alleviate identified economic problems and capitalizes on existing resources. Coordinates the County's business development policies related to national and international business attraction, foreign direct investment and international trade. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
Applications will be rejected if the following information is not provided at the time of application:
- Transcript with award date
- Thoroughly documented work history
- Valid Driver's License number
- The application is incomplete in ANY capacity
1. Possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Urban Planning, Regional Planning or a closely related field.
2. Have had at least six (6) years of full-time work experience in the areas of economic OR industrial development, urban planning, or a closely related field, of which at least three (3) years were in an administrative capacity involving supervisory, budgetary, and related administrative functions.
NOTE: A Master's Degree in one of the fields listed above may be substituted for one (1) year of the required work experience.
NOTE: Applicants possessing transcripts from a college or university outside of the United States will be required to provide documentation of degree equivalency from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (http://naces.org/members.html). The degree evaluation will be required for application processing.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver’s license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver’s license.
4. Pass the complete examination, including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.