Trust Analyst - Ann Arbor, MI
- Account Processing Functions: Oversee and conduct steps required in the systematic opening, closing, setup, and ongoing account reporting.
- Budget and Accounting Functions: Monitor, track, and approve bank expenses and develop reporting for senior management.
- Reconcilement Functions: Reconcile the bank’s cash and asset positions. Establish methods to avert discrepancies.
- Regulatory Related Functions: Conduct regulatory reporting for governing agencies such as FDIC, SEC, and IRS. Ensure system processes and records are maintained to adhere to regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- System Support Functions: Maintain departmental user access to multiple software systems. Manage systematic and manual file interfaces between our core Trust Accounting system and its’ ancillary products.
- General Functions: Serve as a backup to others in the department in the event of absence. Perform additional duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years’ experience working within the financial industry.
- Working knowledge of Trust Operations functions, including a specific background in the trust industry processing of securities and trust accounting system protocol.
- Advanced knowledge with MS Office (Excel, Word, Adobe, PowerPoint).
- Able to analyze processes, make recommendations for efficiency improvements, and complete frequent problem-solving steps.
- Prioritize responsibilities and work effectively with internal associates as well as occasional client contact.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and interact with associates, outside vendors, processing contacts, and occasional direct client contact
- AND MORE...