Executive Director, Healthcare Investment Banking - Detroit, MI
GENERAL FUNCTION: Senior Investment Banking leadership role supporting new business development initiatives while independently managing teams to execute complex M&A transactions. The role leverages a well-rounded complement of skills including expert corporate finance and analytical capabilities, M&A transaction and process expertise, in-depth healthcare industry knowledge and insights while using sound business judgement and strong interpersonal skills to generate positive client outcomes.
Role is responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading teams to execute all aspects of an M&A transaction, including managing client relationship and negotiating with investors to effectively advocate successful client outcomes.
- Leverage expert industry knowledge to assess key market and financial trends impacting clients and create thematic content pieces and pitch ideas to present to clients and prospects.
- High attention to detail and commitment to deliver high quality work product consistently.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across multiple deal teams to achieve results with complexity of varying priorities and time sensitive deadlines.
- Optimize the talent and skills development of team members within the group.
- Capability and capacity to expand non-deal leadership roles that enhance the effectiveness and engagement of the team.
- Achieves business goals while demonstrating the bank's core values and risk behaviors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external clients focused on the delivery of advice and analysis to those clients around key strategic, corporate finance, and capital markets issues to source and convert new engagement opportunities.
- AND MORE...