Software Integration Engineer
The selected Electrified Powertrain Controls Software Integration Engineer will work closely with the controls development team, motor controls team and the foundation software team for use in electrified powertrain vehicles. This individual will participate in software development, code generation, code integration, build & execution of test plans, verification & integration of the Power Inverter Module (PIM/MGU/EVCU) software with vehicle controller.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Controls development using MATLAB — Simulink/ Stateflow module
- Code generation using MATLAB – RTW/ embedded coder module
- Programming in C and C++
- Configuration change management on IBM Rational Synergy, IBM Rational Change and ALM
- Familiarity with microprocessor-based controls and development tools (emulators, debuggers, etc.)
- Measure network parameters using CANoe/CANalyzer
- Measurement using ETAS — INCA
- Controller resource monitoring
- Test bench flashing and verification
- Component HIL flashing and verification
- Working with calibration tools and product development tools oriented towards the automotive industry
- Track and troubleshoot issues and test systems on benches
- Developing automotive software
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or a related Engineering degree from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years of engineering experience in software development for automotive or related industries
- Minimum 2 years of experience with MATLAB / Simulink / Stateflow
- Minimum 2 years of embedded software experience
- Experience working cross functionally
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Outstanding problem solving skills
- Masters or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering from an accredited university
- 2 or more years of experience with development and testing of powertrain controls in hybrid and/or electric vehicles
- Experience with AUTOSAR compliant controller development
- Experience in standard controls tools (e.g. modeling, simulation, development, testing, validation, verification)
- Familiarity with OBD II
- Familiarity with the CMMI and/or ASPICE software development processes
Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.