This position is part of our Advanced Safety & User Experience segment.
The Resident Engineer (no relocation offered) will support customer and Aptiv in all activities associated with the development, release, and maintenance of Aptiv supplied ADAS products. Integration and validation of current and future generation radar, camera and other sensors systems across a variety of platforms.
This is a growth opportunity for ambitious candidates that desire a challenging and rewarding role in the development and application of active safety technologies. The goal is to develop strong knowledge of the customer's expectations and requirements in order to grow into a leadership role within the company.
This position will be located at our customer site in Dearborn, MI.
- Product development
- Lead customer team meetings and publish meeting minutes
- Release documents and designs in customer release system
- Integrate Aptiv products into vehicle
- Obtain and maintain a list of customer relevant requirements
- Conduct bench testing and vehicle level testing, on both customer and Aptiv configurations
- Update vehicle and bench level product content (hardware/software)
- Ensure Aptiv change management is aligned with customer change management
- Maintain list of formal customer problems that require resolution
- Supports the Aptiv systems on prototype and vehicle plant builds
- Troubleshoot customer integration issues at engineering facilities and production plants
- Continuous Improvement
- Support warranty, cost reduction, and performance enhancements
- Partner with engineering, program management, and commercial teams
- Have overview knowledge of Aptiv release process
- Ability to travel up to 40% (Domestic & International) to the customer locations
Must Haves (Basic Qualifications)
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Systems Engineering
- 3+ years of experience working for an automotive Tier-1 supplier or OEM
- Intermediate working knowledge of at least one; CANalyzer, CANoe, CANape, XCP and/or vehicle architecture
- 1+ year experience with ADAS.
- 2+ years Vehicle level testing experience