Reflash Engineering Team Lead
This position is part of our Connected Services segment and is located in Allen Park, Michigan.
We are looking for a Team Lead who will be responsible for managing a team of software engineers who design, code, test and support automotive reflash activities unit test creation using C/C++, and/or C#/.NET.* programming languages. This position can turn into a supervisor position in a year if the candidate performs well. They will also perform some of this work themselves as needed and will work with cross-functional project teams to provide an excellent level of customer satisfaction. This team lead will work with the reflash services team to support customers locally and globally. This supervisor will report to the Software Engineering Manager. This position will support the customer in time-sensitive, technically challenging, automotive software diagnostic issues. The candidate should be able to communicate effectively, work with both technical and non-technical peers and customers and be willing to work hard to meet customer expectations.
- Lead a team of 5-7 full time software engineers and 1-2 interns
- Guide a team in scripting automotive diagnostic solutions for time-sensitive reflash activities
- Guide team on performance, assisting in performance reviews
- Provide feedback to upper management on issues, concerns and strategies
- Work with Engineering manager/Supervisor on future technologies needed, strategic initiatives and building the required skills in the team to meet these goals
- Communicate with cross-functional teams to meet customer demands in a time sensitive environment
- Lead and organize the team to work on continuous improvement projects
- Gather, maintain and report metrics on team performance
- Create and implement continuous improvement methods for high team performance
- Travel to customer and/or supplier locations to support job duties as needed.
- Work closely with other staff, such as Project Managers, Hardware Engineers, and Program Managers
- Demonstrate professional behavior and actions consistent with company values.
- Perform software coding using C/C++, and C#/.NET.
- Analyze and interpret specifications and extract requirements.
- Research, design, and write new software programs.
- Develop existing software programs further through modifications.
- Work with colleagues to clarify or resolve issues and develop designs.
- Create technical specifications and test plans.
- Consult with customers/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software in a real-time environment.
- Assist customers who require immediate and/or emergency services by going above and beyond to ensure completion in a timely and successful manner.
- Work with customer-dedicated teams to support job activities, including working onsite at customer locations as necessary.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science, software engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or related field.
- Related experience can be used in lieu of a degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Desire and ability to work in cross-functional teams, understanding now to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams and customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Desire and aptitude to manage technical teams
- Knowledge/experience of programming
- CAN, UDS, DoIP (Automotive Ethernet) and similar experience
- Ford GGDS, GMLAN, GM Global B, Powernet (FCA) and similar experience
- Vector tools experience (CANoe, CANopy, CANalyzer) experience
- 1-3 years automotive diagnostics experience
- Prior leadership experience
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)