Product Engineer — Body Engineering Power Systems is responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing and production release of the power lift gate hardware. The Product Engineer will create DFMEA’s, DVPR’s, performance standards, and conduct validation tests for these components; work with product design office and other cross functional team members; support plant launches by ensuring components are designed and being applied as per design intent; and check designs against design guidelines, corporate requirements, and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent from an ABET accredited or equivalent program
- Three year of engineering experience in body hardware
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Computer proficient (including spreadsheet, word processing, presentation and database applications)
- Five years of experience in power lift gate engineering
- Experience with DVP&R, DFMEA, reactive and proactive problem solving techniques
- Vehicle launch experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with model releasing in Teamcenter/NX
- Our benefits reflects the FCA commitment to helping you reach your personal and professional goals. In addition to an environment that promotes career development, we offer benefits for a healthy lifestyle and a rewarding future, designed to take care of you and your family, in various stages of life.
As a global company, our employee packages will vary by country, customary norms and the legal entity into which you are hired.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.